It's Live. We Get It.
Late in 2013 we - Greg Price and Brad Madix - established Diablo Digital Inc. For several years, we had each been working separately on essentially the same project: building high-quality easy-to-implement touring multi-track recorders. As a team, we are dedicated to providing affordable, turn-key, live-recording systems for tours, installations, festivals, one-off shows, and broadcast. Basically, any live musical performance. Our motto is, "It's live. We get it!" We understand the special demands of live audio and the importance of high-quality and reliable audio capture and playback because we have about sixty years of live audio engineering experience between us. We are intimately familiar with the daily grind as it affects both engineers and gear. Our mission is to provide a tool to every engineer and artist that will be easy to use and help them hone their craft. We have found that having the ability to play back recorded tracks has allowed us both to improve as engineers, even after all of these years! It's also given us opportunities to engage directly with our clients in refreshingly constructive ways.
Further, both of us have recently created content for our clients, opening up new avenues for professional growth and revenue. Rush and Black Sabbath have both released DVDs in the past few months which relied heavily on material recorded live from the FOH console. Not only did these clients capture their best performances, they saved money doing it! And we both had opportunities to consult and engineer on the DVDs, something which may not have happened if we hadn't been involved in the recording process.
Diablo Digital Inc seeks to partner with engineers and touring sound companies to disseminate these tools as broadly as possible. Our systems are custom-configured and scalable. We manage implementation and support, and include 24-7 Avid support and advance replacement in the rare case that something just plain breaks.
Some advantages of live recording:
- Absolutely, Positively capture the best performance of the tour
- Play back tracks to perfect the mix. Make the most of that limited rehearsal time.
- Use the mix to tune the PA! Use the PA to tune the Mix!!
- Spend some quality time with the artist working together on that thing that's really bugging them. Don't rely on vague notes on your CD from last night.
What we bring to the table:
- Affordable recording solutions for live performance. Touring rates as low as $450/week, SRP. Solid discounts for vendors.
- Expert support and consultation on every aspect of any project, no matter the size.
- Avid 24/7/365 Technical and Advance Replacement support included.
- Easy custom configuration. Turnkey systems can be designed to support Avid VENUE, Digico and Midas mixing platforms. Analog interface also available.
- 64-track, 128-track and 192-track configurations. All rack-mountable.
- Systems configurable for redundant record capability
Our systems have been seen and heard with:
- The Rolling Stones
- Florence + the Machine
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Bruno Mars
- Justin Timberlake
- Lenny Kravitz
- Maroon 5
- Fleetwood Mac
- Justin Timberlake
- Black Sabbath
- Eric Clapton
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
- One Republic
- Kanye West/Jay-Z
- The Dixie Chicks
- Trisha Yearwood
- Dierks Bentley
- Rob Zombie